Because we believe that you shouldn’t have to provide personal information to participate in advancement of HEMA, you may:
- Read Wiktenauer without registering an account.
- Submit content to the administrators to be posted anonymously.
Because we want to understand how Wiktenauer is used so we can make it better for you, we collect some information when you:
- Use the Wiktenauer.
- Request an account or update your user page.
- Contribute content to the Wiktenauer.
- Send us emails, participate in a survey, or give any other feedback.
- Make donations through Indiegogo or Paypal.
We are committed to:
- Using reasonable measures to keep your information secure.
- Never selling your information or sharing it with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Only sharing your information in limited circumstances, such as to improve the Wiktenauer, to comply with the law, or to protect you and others.
- Retaining your data for the shortest possible time that is consistent with maintaining, understanding, and improving the Wiktenauer, and our obligations under law.
- Any content you add or any change that you make to the Wiktenauer will be publicly and permanently available.
- Our community of volunteer editors and contributors is a self-policing body. Administrators of the Wiktenauer, who are members of the community, use tools that grant them limited access to nonpublic information about recent contributions so they may protect the Wiktenauer and enforce policies.